Posted by: DXC Technology on Jun 14, 2018
Supports the full life cycle of product development processes for creating new products and services; provides in-depth knowledge of technical products or families of technologies. Addresses complex business and technical product integration issues.
Essential Job Functions
• Recommends specific product configurations to assist with overall system design and integration.
• Configures, implements, and provides complex product support activities to meet client needs.
• Identifies potential uses for products or technologies; identifies issues and solidifies plans for using them to meet business needs. Assists in preparing requirements, evaluating products, and selecting relevant software such as commercial off the shelf software (COTS).
• Selects, coordinates and implements technical product components, ensuring that the technical solution addresses the business concern. Assists sales and consulting engineering teams in designing and integrating products into customer environments.
• Addresses product requirements, usability, change requests and defines future functionality to end users and stakeholder groups to increase understanding of products.
• Provides insight and advice to customers concerning applicability of specific complex products/technologies.
• Selects technology vendors to meet business needs as appropriate. Consults with, and compares, solutions with other product development managers, vendors, and cross functional technical groups to ensure consistent product solutions.
• Serves as the subject matter expert on product systems, processes, network architecture and interface capabilities.
• Participates in acceptance testing; coordinates product launches into new and existing markets.
• Assists in outlining new product/service business case justification to ensure that the proposed solution is capable of delivering articulated business benefits to the client.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or related field preferred
• Four or more years of experience with technical product configuration, design, and/or integration
• Experience working with technical products, vendors, and families of technologies
• Experience working with product configurations
• Experience working with relevant software packages or classes of packages, and products within area of technical expertise
• Good technical infrastructure design skills
• Good communication skills to communicate with customers, support personnel, and management
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Good organization skills to balance and prioritize work
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and switch between tasks quickly
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Willingness to travel
• Office environment
• May require evening or weekend work
HR. Website URL: