Posted by: Cleveland Brothers on May 16, 2018
New Stanton, PA
In accordance with management directives, this position provides technical support for service technicians and customers. This position also acts as a liaison between customers and various manufacturers. This TC will serve all Petroleum markets including Compression, Land Drilling and Well Stimulation.
Summary of Duties:
This position mandates that the employee be able to perform all of the following functions:
- Ensure technical matters are accurately defined: what is failing, hours at failure, conditions, causes and frequency of failure, locations, known fixes, temporary repairs made and recurrences, unknowns, etc.
- Summarize impact: high repair costs, downtime, policy dollars spent, special parts programs, unusual parts replacements, loaner machine guarantees, price discounts, lost sales.
- Prioritize problems, develop action plans, determine if internal or external solution is acceptable, utilizing all technical resources including both internal and Cat.
- Assist in failure analysis and provide written failure analysis reports.
- Identify application/operation problems, such as overload, abuse and poor maintenance.
- Investigate accidents and submit incident reports.
- Provide technical advice on warranty issues, environmental compliance and regulations.
- Work with Cat's DSN system and file DSNs as required; work with manufactures as needed, to facilitate problem resolution.
- Actively participate in all quality initiatives within the organization.
- Interpret SOS results.
- Assist sales and parts departments with technical matters and recommend the appropriate product for the customer's job.
- Utilize all manufacturer's product information available for problem resolution and problem prevention. Communicate defects to manufacturer's via the proper method of communication.
-provide technical assistance on gas engines, diesel engines, transmissions, fluid & power ends, DGB systems, flow iron, etc.
- provide technical assistance on all Cat Connect products including Product link, M2M, ACM, PEMS, etc.
- Other functions as assigned by necessity.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Comprehensive knowledge in the mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems on Gas Compression , Well Stimulation or Well Services equipment including gas engines, diesel engines, transmissions, fluid ends, power ends, generator sets, DGB kits, Tier IV technology, flow pipe, Cat Connect hardware, etc
- Ability to communicate professionally with individuals at all levels of the organization, as well as external contacts
- Excellent computer skills, proficient with Cat ET, MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and all manufactures software required to diagnose and repair equipment
- Excellent organizational skills, as well as solid decision making, analytical and leadership skills
- Position requires travel 50% of the time to customer job sites, branch locations, and meetings
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Cleveland Brothers Equipment Company https://clevelandbrothers.applicantpool.com
HR. Website URL: